Yahoo! It’s Friday and I am ready for pizza. I’ve been waiting all week to use these wonderful roasted peppers I’d roasted on Sunday on a really yummy pizza. Tonight was the night.
I didn’t have the energy to make pizza dough, or time this week, so we bought ready made dough from our local grocery store. Don’t buy the canned pizza dough in the refrigerator section, or the dried packaged dough. They really won’t satisfy your pizza craving. They don’t rise the same as yeasty dough. Make the effort to find out if your local pizza place sells dough, or like myself, our mega grocery store sells it as well.
Anyway, time for a treat. The best part about making my own pizza is I can control the fat and calories, and I still have a great pizza. Mushrooms really add a meaty element, without all the calories. You don’t need all that cheese people usually put on pizza to get that wonderful, chewey, cheezy taste either.
So, happy Friday! Eat pizza!
1 ea Pizza dough
1 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 cup)
2 tsp basil, dried
¾ cup spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray and saute mushrooms with garlic over medium heat until tender about 5 minutes.
- Spread spaghetti sauce over pizza dough leaving 1″ around the edges. Sprinkle with Basil.
- Top with mushrooms and sprinkle with 1/2 grated cheese.
- Arrange peppers on top and add remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12 – 20 minutes, depending on the crust you’ve purchased, until cheese is melted and bubbly, and crust is browned.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and slice.
Total Fat: 6.08g
Total Carbs: 28.62g
Dietary Fiber: 3.75g
Weight Watchers Points 4