We don’t like heavy pasta dishes in our house. This dish was perfect, with a light sauce of thyme, garlic and wine. It was simple to make, but a really substantial meal. I love the whole wheat pastas you can buy now. Higher in fiber, but they really taste good.
Weight Watchers fans could cut the points in half and add a side salad. This was really a full plate of pasta. You could easily make this a 4 point meal.
4 ounces whole wheat pasta
½ tablespoon olive oil
½ ea chicken breast, thinly sliced
½ cup tomatoes, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon thyme
½ cup white wine
4 tablespoons capers
½ cup parmesan cheese , grated
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray and add olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and garlic to saute for 3 minutes, then and chicken broth and saute for 3 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and thyme and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add wine and capers and cook another 3 minutes to evaporate alcohol.
- Toss with pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
Total Fat: 10.98g
Total Carbs: 46.24g
Dietary Fiber: 5.07g
WW Points 8