The other night I made a roasted Roma tomato and garlic sauce. Boy was it good. Fresh sauce beats the taste of canned sauce anytime. Problem was I didn’t feel like the usual spaghetti. I had boneless pork chops in the frig, so I decided to make pork chops and top them with this wonderful sauce.
While that would have been enough to satisfy me, it wouldn’t have satisfied my husband. I decided to toss whole wheat Fettuccine with the rest of the sauce, and served an arugula salad on the side.
The way this pork is cooked really reduces the fat. They are browned in a non-stick pan to get the crusty texture, but finished in the oven.
Serves 6 (3 0z ea)
3 boneless pork chops
¼ cup bread crumbs
½ tbsp rosemary minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup egg substitute
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pound pork chops to thin out.
- Place flour in one pan, egg in another pan, and bread crumbs, rosemary, and garlic in another pan.
- Dredge pork chop in flour, then in egg, then in bread crumb mixture.
- Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray and brown for 3 minutes each side over medium heat.
- Finish in oven another 15 minutes, or until on the verge of being done. Do no not over-cook. Remember carryover cooking time. You don’t want dry pork chops.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.25g
Total Carbs: 5.49g
Dietary Fiber: 0.39g
WW Points 3