This chicken was so easy to make, and the fresh sage just takes a simple chicken breast over the top. The chicken was moist and tender. I served this chicken with Wild Rice Cakes and Mediterranean Chopped Salad. Lean meat, whole grains and a light salad. Who could ask for more?
Source: Mother Rimmy (4 servings)
½ cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon water
4 tablespoons flour
2 ea chicken breast
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine sage and Italian bread crumbs in one pan.
- Combine Dijon mustard and water in another pan.
- Put flour in another pan.
- Halve chicken breasts and pound to flatten for even cooking.
- Dredge chicken breast in flour.
- Using basting brush, brush chicken with Dijon mustard.
- Press into bread crumbs.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and brown chicken on both sides, cooking 3-4 minutes per side over medium heat.
- Finish in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 1.15g
Total Carbs: 15.99g
Dietary Fiber: 0.92g
WW Points 3