If you love mushrooms and want a terrific side dish, or a light meal, this mushroom stroganoff is the best. Easy to make, I served with grilled pork, but it could easily make a side for any meat. Better yet, make a light meal by adding a side salad.
I used whole wheat noodles to bump up the nutrition, and cut the olive oil to 1 tsp to cut the fat when sauting the mushrooms and garlic, using my usual trick of adding broth to finish the saute.
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
1 ea 8.8 pkg wide egg noodles
1 1/2 lbs sliced mushrooms of choice
2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbs olive oil
1 ea 8 oz carton light sour cream
2 tbs flour
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 cup vegetable broth
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In large skillet cook mushroom and garlic in oil until tender. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Combine sour cream, flour, paprika and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir in broth until smooth. Add to pan and cook til thickened.
- Combine noodles, sauce and mushrooms.
- Serve topped with parsley.
13 g fat
5 g saturated fat
72 mg cholesterol
443 mg sodium
59 g carbohydrates
4 g fiber
17 g protein
WW points 8