I love couscous. I know it’s not for everyone, but if it’s on your favorites list, I have a recipe that boosts the flavor and fiber of couscous by using whole wheat couscous. Add in the health benefits of broccoli and tomato, and you have a great side dish. Feta and dash of lemon really take this dish over the top. It’s great served hot or cold.
1 cup whole wheat couscous
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup broccoli florets cut into small pieces
1 cup diced plum tomato
1/2 cup green onion
1/2 cup feta
2 tbs parsley
1 tbs lemon juice
- Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add oil, salt and couscous. Take off heat and set aside.
- Chop broccoli florets into small pieces. Blanch in microwave for 3 minutes and drain.
- Dice tomato and slice green onion.
- Combine broccoli, tomato and green onion in a bowl with chopped parsley and feta.
- Fluff couscous and gently combine with broccoli mixture.
- Dress with lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Saturated Fat 3g
WW Points 5