This recipe is from Women’s World magazine. I love tarragon, and it works so well with asparagus. Fresh tarragon isn’t always available at a reasonable expense, so I used dried tarragon. Be sure to half the amount of tarragon if you use dried. I found that it was best if I made the dressing before I started the main dish, so that it could sit and blend.
Recipes serves 8
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. honey
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
2 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Cut 8 strips from lemon peels and juice lemon.
- Whisk lemon juice, mustard and honey.
- Whisk in olive oil and stir in tarragon.
- Arrange asparagus into 8 piles. Tie into bundles with lemon peels and steam in steamer basket until crisp-tender.
- Remove asparagus from steamer basket when done and season with salt and pepper. Drizzles with sauce.
Nutrition Information: Calories 52, Fat 4g, Saturated fat 1g, Trans fat 0, Protein 1g, Carbohydrates 4g, Fiber 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 126mg
WW Points 1