I’ve served this recipe to company with Spanish rice and a light salad on the side. It’s always a hit. Be sure to pound the chicken as directed so it cooks quickly in the skillet. If the skillet isn’t hot enough, and the chicken too thick, the crust won’t stick to the meat. Originator of recipe unknown.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup yellow medium grind cornmeal
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 1/4 cup store-bought salsa, drained
1/2 lime juiced
Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
1. With mallet pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap.
2. In a resealable plastic bag combine marinade ingredients – 3 tbs lime juice, 3 tbs oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add pounded chicken, press out air and marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry.
4. In shallow dish combine cornmeal, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Press chicken into cornmeal mixture, coating both sides.
5. In a large skillet or 2 medium skillets heat the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons oil until foam subsides, add the chicken cutlets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet.
6. Top each cutlet with 2 tablespoons Salsa Mayonnaise. Garnish with cilantro.
Total Fat 27g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 45g
WW Points 13