This recipe is best if the chicken sits in the marinade overnight. The chicken comes out moist and flavorful. I have many recipes I’ve used for years that have long since lost name of the original creator. I haven’t modified this recipe. This is as it was originally copied to my cookbook.
3/4 cup orange juice
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup molasses or maple syrup
1/4 cup brandy
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE MARINADE AND SAUCE
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, molasses or maple syrup, brandy, garlic, and hot red pepper sauce. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and SIMMER for 10 minutes until slightly reduced. Remove marinade from heat and cool to room temperature.
3. SET ASIDE 1/2 cup of the marinade to use as sauce.
FOR THE CHICKEN
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 3 to 24 hours.
3. Brush or spray the grill grid with vegetable oil. Preheat the grill to high.
4. Remove chicken from the bag, discarding marinade.
5. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear when meat is pierced the tip of a knife.
6. Microwave remaining marinade until heated through and pour over chicken breasts.
Total Fat 1.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 68.4 mg
Sodium 84.9 mg
Potassium 654.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 27.5 g
WW Points 5